Five tax increases today’s ‘Maggie’s Tax of the Day’
Ovide Lamontagne’s campaign really wasn’t kidding when it said they’d be daily spotlighting tax hikes Maggie Hassan supported until Election Day.
Coming on the heels of registration and license fees, today’s batch continues the automotive theme. “Her efforts to nickel and dime the state’s drivers had just begun,” reads the presser from the Republican nominee for governor’s campaign.
Below are the five tax and fee increases, all of which were included in the 2009 budget:
23) The fee charged to insurance companies, and passed on to consumers, for electronic copies of motor vehicle records by 50%, from $8 to $12…
24) …and the fee for all other records requests by 88%, from $8 to 15;
25) The fee for certified copies of a driving by 50%, record from $10 to $15;
26) The fee for inspection stickers by 30%, from $2.50 to $3.25;
27) The fee for vanity plates by 60%, from $25 to $40 per set.